Keith Prowse pioneered the partnership between business and sport almost 40 years ago, introducing the concept of client entertaining in exclusive areas such as executive boxes and restaurants.
It was just one example of the spirit of innovation that has driven our people ever since London stage impresarios William Keith and Robert Prowse came together 220 years ago to launch a theatre ticket-selling enterprise.
Today, Keith Prowse hospitality experiences are the industry benchmark against which other packages are measured and this market leading position is supported by our parent company.
As the world’s largest food service provider, Compass Group operates in 50 countries, employing 509,000 people, with annual sales of over £17 billion.
BOOKING: Code of Practice
We believe that all hospitality suppliers should be able to deliver against this code of practice:
1. Hospitality suppliers should only sell packages including tickets relating to events they are officially appointed to (or, in the case of agencies, on behalf of the official suppliers)
2. Hospitality suppliers should make clients aware of the source of official tickets
3. Online booking procedures should use the latest secure transaction technology, including an identity assurance warranty
4. Contracts should include all components that make up the package – service charges should not be applicable
5. Cancellation policies must be made clear to clients at the point of purchase
6. Clients should consider cancellation protection to safeguard against proceedings that may lead to the cancellation of an event, such as inclement weather
7. Hospitality suppliers should ensure any literature, photography or electronic media issued to clients accurately reflects the packages they relate to
8. The integrity of the corporate hospitality industry should be upheld:
a) hospitality suppliers should not misrepresent nor embellish their products
b) quality and services provided should not be reduced in order to facilitate heavily discounted rates
9. Hospitality areas should be located within the official facilities sanctioned by the rights holder, and the location clearly defined within the package description.