|Job Title||Finance Manager|
|Department||Keith Prowse Finance Team|
|Reports To||Keith Prowse Head of Finance|
|Job Level||Team Member – Keith Prowse Finance Team|
The purpose of this role is to help support both the Head of Finance with the ongoing review and implementation of the accounting controls for Keith Prowse and work closely with the Event Sales Managers and the Events Team overseeing the event budgets and ensuring accurate sales and profit figures are forecast and reported. The Finance Manager will assist with the budgets and forecasts that need to be submitted to Compass Group UK & Ireland. The Finance manager will also work closely with the Head of Sales to ensure the team targets are set accurately and reported against throughout the year.
The main focus of the role is to manage the profitability of the events assigned as your responsibility being Wimbledon, The Oval, Lord’s, and Twickenham at the moment but subject to change as contracts are won / lost.
Report on the sales by event, team, facility on a weekly basis both internally and to external clients with the help of the Management Accountant.
Manage the balance sheet ensuring all accounts are reconciled monthly and actions taken to clear balances in the following month.
Provide information to help compile the yearly budget and twice yearly forecast and any other ad hoc forecast as needed.
Work with IT to continuously improve the accuracy and efficiency of information driven by our systems.
Sales targets need to be measured and commissions paid in an accurate, timely way.
The key accountabilities of this role include
- Review event budgets on a regular basis and communicate any concerns regarding achievement of forecast sales and profit as soon as possible
- Analysing event sales and profitability against prior years and budgets and reporting this to senior management.
- Understand each contract Compass Group UK & Ireland have in place with our clients and be involved with some negotiations when these are coming up for renewal.
- Working with IT to assist in any ongoing projects that are in place to update the current systems being used.
- Sales commissions are paid accurately and on time
- Assist the Head of Finance with the preparation of budgets and forecasts that need to be submitted regularly to Compass Group UK & Ireland.
- Ensuring the Balance Sheet is reconciled each month and any items are investigated and cleared.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate financial controls, processes and procedures exist in respect of day-to-day financial functions
- Management and ongoing development of the Management accountant
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Finance.
The ideal candidate for this role will be
- Qualified Accountant
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP and Power BI desirable
- Command a good use of the English language
- Possess a pro-active, “can-do” attitude
- Possess the ability to communicate at all levels
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Be a good team member but also able to work on own initiative
How to Apply: Please send CV and Cover Letter to: